Sunday, May 17, 2009

The first one.

I can't believe I'm sitting here blogging. There are so many other things I could be doing, but somehow this world, this bloggers world, has captivated me.

Of course, there will be many posts following this one, but for some reason this one seems very important. It's the first one. The one that sets the tone for all the others. It's a little bit daunting because it has to be readable, yet punchy, vibrant. Something that draws a reader in and makes them want more.

Well, let me tell you, I'm no arrogant fool in thinking that I'm the most fantastic writer, but I do have some great stories to tell, if you're into my narrative style. Sometimes I can ramble aimlessly, and I can't really promise that I'll be funny or even profound. However, if I were to sell you on one thing, it would be that I'm honest.

Lots of people say that they're honest and don't really mean it. How would you know I'm not lying though? There's an element of trust that you don't have if you're reading this for the first time with no idea who I really am. You're just going to have to see how this plays out, aren't you? How do you trust that a novel will be good? The first chapter? Well, welcome to the first chapter.

There. How's that for an introduction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk. I love hearing what others have to say, even if we don't agree. Just be nice. Thanks!