Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whammy.

"Whammy!" is an expression that can be heard frequently around my office.

Occasions when people will shout "Whammy!" include:
-When an article is finished
-When production is finished
-When we've scooped the other local paper (which really isn't hard to do considering they have one reporter and a 12 page paper.)
-When the coffee has finished brewing
-When someone has gone to Tim Horton's and come back with Tim-bits.
-When someone has found the pen they lost.

The list could continue.  One thing I noticed is how quickly I picked up on this phrase.  I still haven't adopted it, but I find myself thinking it when I encounter any of the above situations.  

Language is a funny thing.  There are so many expressions I use daily that I identify with certain people or places, but I've never really noticed myself adopting them till today.

Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, I love that the whammy-worthy occasions become more mundane as the list goes on. Hilariously related.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk. I love hearing what others have to say, even if we don't agree. Just be nice. Thanks!