Wednesday, April 25, 2012

From the mouths of babes...

Sometimes I laugh for three days over something my son Patrick says.

One morning it was his distraught "Oh no!" when he thought I was flushing chocolate down the toilet. It was not chocolate, I assure you. However, Patrick was not to be convinced as he mournfully looked down at the swirling mess saying "I want to take it out and put it in my Easter basket." Then a little later... "that chlocolate came out my bum." I lost it. I had that kind of hysterical laughter that makes the belly ache and tears stream. Yeah, maybe my sense of humour needs a little tweaking, but if you'd only seen his face...

Last Sunday was Palm Sunday and part of the scripture said that "Jesus dropped his head and breathed his last." Patrick apparently picked up on this part, because at bed time when I told him "Jesus loves you," he replied "Jesus... Jesus dropped his head... At Rona!" I chuckled to myself, trying to let him know that I take him seriously, and said "Actually, I think it's 'he dropped his head and breathed his last.'" Patrick appeared to think for a second and said, "He's sleeping," and I said "Yes, Jesus is sleeping," to which he added "He's sleeping in God's bed."

His latest catch-phrase is "I looovvee (insert just about anything here)" Two days ago it was "I looovve dirt!" after which he proceeded to take a handful and eat it.  I asked him if that was good, and he said "Yes mommy, it's good dirt." 

I love him. He's selfish and slightly ridiculous, but that's what being two is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk. I love hearing what others have to say, even if we don't agree. Just be nice. Thanks!