Monday, April 15, 2013

Mommy-Wise Monday: I think my brain just gave me the blue screen of death.

Well, I've had it.

After a long day of trying to do, to be, everything, I'm done and I have nothing left to give.  But I remembered that I didn't blog... yet again.

I went to a fantastic women's conference over the weekend and visited two dear friends.  I even got a bonus visit when the roads were too bad to return home.  It was such an uplifting time, and it did wonders for my spirit.

And now...

Now, I am smack, dab, in the middle of my reality.  Weekends are when I do laundry, and Sunday night, I prep the house for the week, so a weekend away really wreaked havoc on my housekeeping, (Although my husband did his best, between an impromptu trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house and living the crazy life with toddlers which he is not at all used to, to basically be me).

So today I felt the need to use my mom/wife superpowers and clean the house from top to bottom, make an elaborate dinner (if slow-cooker porkchops, dilled mashed potatoes and cauliflower and broccoli with homemade cheese sauce can be called elaborate - you decide) on top of some schoolwork and 3 loads of laundry.  Oops, I forgot to mention the trip to the bank and grocery store, as well as relieving the fridge of one or two science experiments.

To think, the other day, I wondered what I will do when I am finished with my degree and am "just a mom."

I will undoubtedly fill the hours.

You know, looking around me at my spotless floor and my living room with straight cushions and no Megablocks in sight - I am happy. Happy that for the next hour I get to enjoy some time with my husband and enjoy my home, and maybe that's the inspiration behind my motivation to do and be everything - making my home wonderful.

It's not a bad reality.  Just my two cents.

And now, for some husband-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk. I love hearing what others have to say, even if we don't agree. Just be nice. Thanks!