Friday, January 10, 2014

Seven Quick Takes: Vol. 17 (The Newborn Edition!)

More fantastic-ness over at Jen's!

ONE:

We went from this:

To this:

On January 6! 

Allow me to introduce Zachary Maurice Cyr!
Born January 6, 8:05 p.m. Weighing 10 lbs, 3 oz.  21.25 inches long. 

TWO:

I was ridiculously happy. 
This pregnancy was hard, capped off with going 2 weeks past my due date.  After some serious dark times, mentally and physically, having Zachary in my arms felt like a miracle.

THREE:
Here we are today.  I'm starting to feel a bit more normal, but still not putting on makeup, so forgive my blotches and bags.  This is the day after Zachary finally let me pause the feeding long enough to sleep 4 hours in a row.

FOUR:

Big brother Patrick never looked so old to me!


FIVE:

The boys love their brother.  They want to hug him all the time, which is both precious and dangerous.  They also keep giving him toys, and telling him to "come here!".  We have explained over and over that it'll be awhile till he plays with them.

SIX:

My mom. Mom came over this morning and I had a great nap/nurse with Zachary.  That totally deserves mention because I've gotten less sleep with this baby than either of the other two, and Joseph has run out of days he can take off during the week.  Sleep equals sanity. Thanks mom.

SEVEN:
One more little tidbit about Zachary. Joseph pointed out that he was born on the 12th day of Christmas, so though he wasn't born on our due date (Dec.  24) he is still a Christmas baby!

Enjoy your weekends! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What a sweet darling :). One of my big sister's birthday's is on Jan. 6th and she has always been quite proud of being born on (the traditional celebration of) Epiphany!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk. I love hearing what others have to say, even if we don't agree. Just be nice. Thanks!