Friday, February 7, 2014

Seven Quick Takes: Vol. 19

More fun takes at Conversion Diary

ONE:

My newborn is a one-month-old!

I might just be suffering some lack-of-sleep delirium, but it is a bit unreal to me that we've had our Zachary in the outside world for a month already.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that newborn life means mama gets very few things done, so the tasks-time ratio makes the month feel like a week.  

I feel like I should have a sign on my door that says "Before you enter this disgusting dwelling, take into account that the housekeeper births 10 lb. babies that spend 75% of the day eating."

I vacuumed while nursing people.  I mean, you can do lots of things while nursing, but I kind of prefer not to schlep the baby around while he's nursing - but the situation with the floor was just that bad.

TWO:

My first-born is almost 4!
AND the 22nd, which is Patrick's birthday, is a Saturday! Bonus!
So we're planning a small shindig.  I'm keeping him busy making his own party decoratioens and we're counting down on the calendar.

I so wish I could throw a Pinterest-worthy party for him, complete with cake-pops that look like construction machines, but I'm nursing ALL THE TIME.  That's my excuse.

Bahaha... That's a lie.
If I wanted to do it, I'd do the Pinterest thing, I mean, I can vacuum and nurse, so why not make cake? What I really think is that kids are happy with whatever kind of party or celebration you give them, as long as it's even just a little exciting.

Case and point. For Carter's second birthday, we had his godfather and his girlfriend over for supper. We ate cake. He loved it.

THREE:

Usually I have photos from the week to accompany these 7QT posts - but through some unfortunate circumstances, involving a grocery run too near to bed-time, a baby that needed to nurse (again), and my husband thinking I'd observed something I hadn't (read: him putting my phone on the checkout while I was punching in my PIN to pay for groceries amidst chaos), my beloved iPhone is gone.

AND...That's where the photos come from, because I can't risk having my actual camera in the presence of toddlers.

*Sigh*
I'm really sad about my phone.  And humanity.

Haha, you're like, "What? Where did that come from?"

Let me explain: I'm sad about my losing my phone because of a lot of the photos depicting our life from the last year and a half are on it. And, because I'm ridiculously inept and did not set up the Find My iPhone, OR back those pictures up regularly, they are likely to not come back.

Now, I'm sad about the state of humanity because I'm the kind of person who'd try to return a phone if I found it. Most of the people I know are this type of person. So the fact that it didn't get taken to customer service by either the cashier or some fellow shopper, makes me sad. Or maybe it did, and the customer service people are dishonest.  Who knows?

Still praying for St. Anthony's help on this one.

FOUR:

I'll title this: How Losing My Phone Made Me Love My Babies More

If I'm totally honest - The ease of access to social media that the iPhone offered me was a great help, as well as a hindrance to my family's wellbeing.

While nursing for hours and hours, I could look up recipes, organize our life with the calendar, correspond with family and friends, and of course, blog...

Conversely, I could also, ignore my 2- and 4-year-old, waste time and create worry by googling things like, "Baby really hungry enough to nurse for 18 hours a day?", or "2-week-old infant AND pooping", or "Signs of mastitis, and I could make myself crazy by scrolling through Facebook reading every single thing people are posting.

I've been without it for 2 days - and I'm actually seeing better behavior from the boys, and getting a tiny bit more done, oh and my Chesterton reading has gone WAY up.

FIVE:

Have I done one take without mentioning nursing?
Well - it really is my life right now - so I'll link back here to a post I wrote about covering up while nursing, and my newfound desire not to do so.

There's a ton of great posts and articles about not covering, and I'm not one to flaunt the fact that I'm nursing in situations like Mass, or when people who might be uncomfortable are around, but this was just my take on nursing covers in particular.

SIX:

A friend posted this today. If you don't mind fart humour and you need a laugh, here you go!
I've read it before, but it still got me laughing that good-ab-workout laugh.

SEVEN:

Like birth stories? I posted about Zachary's birth a little while ago. Just in case you wanted to know.


Have a great weekend lovely readers!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk. I love hearing what others have to say, even if we don't agree. Just be nice. Thanks!