Tuesday, August 19, 2014

PSA: Blog or food? I picked food.

Well friends, 
I actually had someone ask me via email why my blog has been so quiet. 

The answer?
It all boils down to one little thing: $

Now, nobody likes to talk about their financial crises to the world, but I'm not self conscious about our need to be frugal (Plus, given that we have food and shelter and more than most people in the world, I must acknowledge the lack of real crises).

Our little single-income home has had quite the summer of surprise expenses, not the least of which was my computer just deciding not to work.  

It never got dropped, hit, or mishandled in any way. It rarely left my desk!  It just didn't work one day. It's an Acer in case you're thinking about avoiding this situation.  

So this leaves me with my phone for blogging purposes, and even with good blogging apps, it is just not convenient.

Sigh!

About a week before the computer died, we got the air conditioning done in our van, then after my computer died, our fridge died too!  We do have credit cards, but we're not fans of debt, so for all intents and purposes, we're saving for big purchases. 

So in my shoes, on a tight budget, what do you choose? Blogging, or the ability to store food for more than a day or two. I like outings to the store - but not that much.

So there you have it, folks.

Now, any computer recommendations for me when I can in good conscience purchase one?

I'm fluent in Mac or PC and partial to neither.

Keep an eye out for a post on frugality and needs vs. wants/stewardship of family funds from a Catholic perspective.

Thanks for your patience!


1 comment:

  1. Damnit my phone ate my comment. I said that the same exact think happened to me a few months back but I decided to try ordering a new power adaptor from eBay (cheap! Not name brand, yay Asian knockoffs! Less than 10$ for the AC adaptor and 15$ for a new battery) it works!! Every laptop I have owned has needed a replacement power adaptor (cord) at some point in it's lifeke, they just burn up and burn out! Hope it helps

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk. I love hearing what others have to say, even if we don't agree. Just be nice. Thanks!