Tuesday, November 18, 2014

This blog is back!

After a 3-month hiatus, I am coming back to blogging.

My reasons for a blogging vacay were three-fold:

I left it for awhile due to not having a computer anymore - blogging on my phone, while possible, is just really time consuming.  Then, when that problem was resolved, I had just... No drive. 

I was seriously debating joining the workforce back in September and putting my hard-earned degree and training as a journalist to good use. For monetary gain that is... I actually use my university-gained knowledge a lot at home. But I ultimately decided we would carry on with me in the home, because my heart ached too much at the thought of not being there for the boys.

Then there's the whole inner-mommy-blogger angst I was having over being trained as a journalist - like being a real professional writer - and all I was doing with that was piddling away at a minuscule blog.  I needed to "develop" to blog "properly" as a trained professional, and somehow climb my way to "Queen of the Interwebz" if I really wanted to "succeed" at blogging. Or so I thought. 

But I'd lost sight of why I was blogging.
This post right here? This post by Bonnie at A Knotted Life is what convinced me I should just hop back in the blog pool.  That, and the fact that while I was away from blogging, I thought about blogging maybe 10 times a day.

I like it. That's the main thing. I like having a platform (or soap-box) for stating coherent thoughts. Or sharing my personal life with far-away family and friends. That's all there is to it. 

So here we go. Welcome back to the place where I write things.




2 comments:

  1. Yay! Seriously, I wanted to tell you everything Bonnie wrote when you stopped, but I thought I'd sound like a real bitch, but I love your writing and you should write.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk. I love hearing what others have to say, even if we don't agree. Just be nice. Thanks!