I'm an at-home mom who'd like to call herself a writer. I have a degree in communications, have dabbled in journalism, but right now my focus is my happy little home with 4 boys, 1 girl and hard-working husband. I blog about mommy-life, faith and family, kids who say the darnedest things and random issues of the day.
What a year. It's hard to believe it's over. Birth and death sit like bookends on this year for us: Lovely, little Zachary Maurice was born in an amazing, short birth 12 days past his due date, and my dear, sweet Grandpa died on Dec. 18.
It has me reflecting today on living life to the fullest, because it is a precious and wonderful adventure. I'm so thankful for another year with my family.
1. Our third baby, Zachary Maurice was born.
2. Little curled up newborness!
3. We spent the first few months of the year hibernating with our newborn wonder.
4. I have loved having 3 boys.
5. Football. Our team won the Grey Cup this year! Woo!
6. We got outside to climb and run and adventure with the boys this summer.
7. We sent Patrick to preschool. I love watching him learn and become his own person.
8. We had a summer snowstorm. We snuggled up and had some tech-free time, then built these the next day.
9. Carter turned 3. He went from toddler to little boy this year. He has the complicated job of both little brother and big brother, but he's taking it all in stride. He's caring and silly and attentive to the little things.
10. Life at home with these dudes is far from dull. The power of the imagination is out in full force.
11. A house full of boys is a house full of joy.
12. We close the year remembering my wonderful Grandpa.